Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Signaling Server 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

plshlp123

Technical User
Aug 10, 2005
US
I have three IP addresses and I'm confused as to what is what. My node IP, is this the IP I should be registering my IP set to? Because that doesn't work. It registers to my media gateway card which I believe is wrong....The other IP address is the address of the sig server TLAN side, this is where I can log in to Element Manager. Also what is the S1 port? 4100, 5000, or 7000?

you need a minimum of three TLAN Ip addresses to set up a IP node The Media card IP address, the Node IP address and the Signalling server IP address. The port is 4100 . Your phone is registered to the node IP address and you can also use the node ip to access element manager. If yoru phone is registering to the Medi card, it looks like you have a configuration issue and your media card is the leader. Is this a new install or ar eyou upgrading from older ITG/IP Line configuration?

My bad, the node IP address is where the sig. server is registering to, I have my documentation wrong. Thanks, I noticed the BCM S1 port is different than the sig. server port. This is a fairly new installation, one more question....My phone says CS1000 on it, can't I change that somewhere to say my company name?

You can change CS1000 in the name of you're company.
In ld 17 you can do this, but you need the level 2 password to do that.

look at the idle set display prompt in the cdb

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Is that the electronic brandlining feature in LD 17?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back