Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens LC WIN 2.10 kv053 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick2u

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
I am looking for a copy of the LC WIN 2.10 kv053 software.
Since the original has disappeared from the site, I cannot make any software changes unless I pay for an upgrade to the Hicom. Any help would be appreciated.

What software release are you running on your switch?? I've never seen 2.10 but that doesn't mean it's not out there...

For 6.4 there is 1.0 KV68
For 6.5 there is 2.2 KV232
For 6.5A* there is 3.0 KV364
For 6.6 there is 4.0 KV53 (or may be newer now)

I also have had a 2.0 KV232 for 6.5

*There was some kind of Ba$tard upgrade between 6.5 and 6.6 that had it's own unique version of LC-Win. That version isn't compatible with anything else. If you have LC-Win 1.0, 2.2 and 4.0 loaded on the same machine all you need to do is run 4.0 and it will automatically load the kernel for 1.0 or 2.2 as needed, but it will not have anything to do with 3.0 - that has to be used for that one newer version of 6.5. My guess is that Siemens released 6.5 and then must have regretted it and hurriedly released an updated version to fix whatever without taking the time to fully integrate it into everything else. V2 and V3 are not interchangeable even though both systems run 6.5.

Not sure which software release I have on the switch. When I connect via LC-WIN, it shows version 2.10 kv053 on the switch. When I log in to rsca, it shows Hicom 300H V1.0US SMR 01 SMP 07 UNIXWARE 7.1.0. Is there an AMO that shows the software release ?

If it's showing 300H V1.0 and Unixware then it should be V6.6, which was the latest, and would use V4.0 which would explain the KV53.

They didn't switch to Unixware until 6.6. The nice thing about unixware is that it is much more resilient in the face of power interruptions than the previous versions of unix. Before when you wanted to shut down the switch you had to go through an elaborate process. Now all you have to do is exe-updat for everything to make sure the memory is written out to disk and, assuming you don't have an ACD server, just dump the power.

There is nothing even remotely illegal about giving you the software because the licenses to use it are on the switch and have nothing to do with the disk, and you need to have a login and password anyway, but I don't know how to get it to you. Big brother is watching and frowns upon people giving out personal contact information on this site, and I'm only on here once or twice a day during the week so it would be gone before I ever saw it.

I'll try to make an ISO of the disk tonight and put it someplace you can download it from.

Thank you ! I have a version 4.0 kv045 which also gives me an error when I try to use it, but from your post, I just need the 4.0 kv053. I will look around and see if I have a disk somewhere. We purchased so many of the Hicom 300's, we must have the right software I need at one of the sites. I know we own the software since it came with the switch.

This is a rather dumb thought considering you've probably already been down this road, but unless you are a really anal housekeeper the techs usually leave the CD right in the cabinet after they do an install. That and the disk that has the special Procomm key mappings and scripts on it. Maybe just look in the cabinets and see if the disk is stuffed in there someplace or underneath where all the cables are.

I usually only grab the disk out of the switch if it has anything newer than I'm using on it - otherwise I just let them in there along with the system install tapes that match that system, etc...

Yes, the tech found the disk and sent it to me. I now have the Version 4.0 KV53 and it works fine.
Thank you again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back