Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens Hipath 3000 DID digits 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick2u

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
Is there a way to find out how many digits the system is expecting from the central office on a PRI circuit ?

ask your provider, over here it is 4 digits.

you can run a ISDN trace on the system and see what is coming in....

The feature is activated in HiPath 3000/5000 Manager E by selecting the "Call Monitoring" tab under Maintenance. The Start button starts Call Monitoring, whereupon the data of all available ports in the system is read out.

If the trace session is over, you can start the ISDN Message Decoder (ISDN Tracer) and use it to convert the trace file into a readable format

Is your facility using 3 digit extensions or 4 digit extensions?

If you are using 4-digit extensions and they are sending you 3-digits there will be a GDTR (General Digit Translation Rule) that adds the first digit to the last 3 to come up with your 4-digit extension. Go into expert mode (or DAD) and look at your trunks and see what is set for GDTR. If there is something set display the GDTR rule table with that number and see what its doing, if anything.

That's just one suggestion. I also think there is something in the span configuration or the trunk configuration that tells how many digits to expect, but it's been so long I forget. I have a site that is only sent 3 digits and I had to add on the first digit, but it's been 10 years since I set all that up and I never look at it.

what system are you working on? I think the responses above relate to two entirely different systems?

Generally in the UK on most systems the provider sends in the last 6 digits, this can vary from area to area.

He said it is a hipath 3000. In Ireland they send 4 as default but you can request more or less.

Another thing is on the siemens you can strip down the figure in routes leaving only 3 - 4 digits to be entered at extensions/ group

OBTSYSTEMS: Sorry I was unclear. This system is in the USA and I can perform a trace under Call Monitoring, but I do not see where the ISDN Message Decoder is.
DONB01: we are using 4 digit extensions. I don't see any GDTR rule anywhere in the configuration. I don't know how to get into Expert mode on this system. I don't see anything in trunk configuration about digits expected.

Just open the Call Monitoring on a isdn line, make some calls to see if you catch the call.
Scroll up and you see the "Setup" and some info, count the digits and enter them on the DID.

Make sure you have your area / coutry code right,

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

I was saying in Ireland we get 4 I did not say you were in Ireland, if you go to start on your pc and find manager e under that in sub menu you ghouls see isdn trace

Thank you obtsystems, I found the ISDN Trace program and can now translate the captured data.

Here's another question, if I may, include it in this thread. Where do I find the line coding and framing for a PRI trunk interface ?

What are you looking for, settings like crc4 signal?

any settings for the lines are under lines/networking and Param. click on the box with 3 dots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back