Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens Hicom 350 H to Hipath 4K - 24 * 7 online technical support

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipath4k

Instructor
Sep 17, 2010
IN
Dear All

Please let me if you facing any kind of issue in siemens Hicom to Hipath series.

Dear
i am new to Hicom can you please tell me the differnce between Hipath 4000 communication Server and openScape 4000 Eco Server

The ECO Server is an rack mounted appliance type of thing. You can also build out a system on VMWare ESX (I think are the letters), and the main communication platform is a CPCI Shelf, which is a 19" rack mounted horizontal enclosure that can house 2 power supplies, 2 processor boards, and a "spare" hard drive board, and has a backplane to which you can attach local or remote "shelf" cabinets if you have applications that require physical boards. The virtual servers work with virtual boards that you create and then configure just like a real board. They also have an assortment of rack mounted media gateways you can use as well if you only need a small number of analog or trunk ports, etc. The whole system is really quite expandable and flexible, including the ability to have remote standby processors in your remote shelves in case the connection to the main host is severed and a number of other redundancy options.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

The CPCI shelf with the DSCXL processors is no longer supplied Don. You can keep them for an upgrade but new installs are now supplied via EcoServer. Simplex needs one server. Duplex, two servers and you strap them together via a bus (CrossConnect) on the back.

Dear Don and Moriedi

Thanks for explanations !!! Eco server having low power consumption and single stop software based solutions for switching unit and administrator process .

@Moriendi - well that sucks... I've grown rather attached to them! I saw the ECO Server in class but I don't recall playing with one. We did create virtual boards and stuff and we did see the appliance modules which are pretty cool, excpt in my case with 400-ish analog devices still in use I would have a whole rack full of just those!!

Oh, and nice to see someone else finally remembered their password! :eek:P

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Thanks all of you for quick response. we have two building one supplied with Hipath communication server and other with two Echo server .

@ Sahid Ali,

Both server can be interconnect through IP -Trunking .

Don, from your post I think you are maybe confusing the Access 500 and the EcoServer. The Access 500 is the 19" rack mount software based IP shelf available from V6. On that you can create the virtual boards, the extra Access modules like SLO and SLA if you need them. Access 500 is now replaced with Openscape 4000 Branch from V8, Branch has dual PSUs and redundant HDs. EcoServer is a replacement for the DSCXL processors including the CPCI cabinet which is now not required. It has the components on you would be familiar with from the DSCXL... RTM at the back, the 8 NICs for LAN connection. Hard discs are upgraded to SSDs.

Yes, with 400 analog handsets you would need a lot of kettle leads for the SLAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back