Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens HCM300/9006i to Nortel PRI 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorTouchtone

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2004
US
Have a 9006i/HCM300 V6.5..currently connected to a Nortel Opt11 via T1 over fiber...want to change it to PRI so we can pass CLID between the switches. What would be the best setup on that (I know it can work NI2..but what is the best way to set it up)? I want to make the HCM the "CO" end of the PRI and the Nortel will also tie to another Opt11 (currently also tied via T1 but want to do it to PRI as well).....
Thanks!

Worked on this before, unless both procalls are QSIG no caller ID can be passed, sorry. Not sure if 6.5 can run QSIG.

Yes the 9.6 can do Qsig we have it set up to a option 61 and it works great.

Dartlvr,
I think the 9006i is 6.5 or 6.6...but I know 6.3 could not do Qsig...when did they add Qsig?? If so, I would like to talk to you in pvt about it...we definitely want to get the Option 11C and HCM talking....(of course they have two HCMs not talking in PRI, Cornet or QSIG so they can pass CLID also!..they are using straight T1s right now)
Thanks!

I have it working on 9006.5 You can give me a e-mail and I will send you my number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back