Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Siemens A58H handset on old Dect. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

edhead

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2002
US
Trying to find some alternatives to the old 3711 dect handsets. I have a Siemens A58H (GAP Compatible) that was mentioned working in a previous thread thread940-1589804 but I cannot determine the IPUI/IPEI. I can enter the Service mode but don't see anything resembling the IPEI and intigrants method described in thread940-1552198 doesn't show a FDD event when attempting to register.

I shot Siemens an email requesting info on obtaining the IPEI but I doubt I will hear from them.

Any suggestions?

Take the battery off and see if it is on a sticker.

When you pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Go in the service menu : keep the buttons 147 pressed and turn on the handset, wait for the menu before releasing the buttons.

No sticker just laser etching with manufacturing info with nothing resembling a IPUI or IPEI.

I can get into the service mode with 147 then the 76200 code but the only options are SW Version, QA-Data, Speechp test, Battery Mode, DSP-Params, Metering Mode, Measure Time, Working Time, Contrast, and SAR.

Thanks tlpeter! Got the IPUI converted it to the IPEI got it into the ADMM and tried to register and no luck. The handset attempts to register for 30 seconds and fails with a 'Set the base to registr mode' message. I confirmed the setup in Dect Monitor software, the converted IPEI matches the original IPUI but I never see any activity from the attempted registration on the FP/PP event window.

Not sure what else to try at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back