Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sidetone Adjustment of Panasonic Phones 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassin4him

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2005
US
Is there any way to increase the sidetone (what you hear in the handset from your own voice, when you speak) in Panasonic phone handsets?

If its that programmator stuff, then yeah I know the software and you definately can't alter the side tone levels. I know a guy that claims to have written it and when we first trialed it, we found that altering one MB actaully changed something completely different. Also the fact that the install gave a russian option and this guy doesn't seem to know any russian...makes me wonder....

Does anyone know exactly what parameter in the menu on a TDA50 changes the sidetone? I have connected via serial cable and I see a several gain control settings, but have not found the specific one for sidetone. In fact I do not see a sidetone option. This is a connection using a terminal emulator not the Panasonic programming software which does not have a gain control setting for hardly anything.

I did try the third post with the VR5 and I did not hear a difference. The VR5 parameter can be adjusted in different gain control menus, but I do not know which one is for sidetone. Here is the menu choices available to select:
MPR>DPGAIN

-DPITS GAIN main menu-
1:T72_GAIN 2:T74/T75_GAIN
3:T76_HSGAIN 4:T76_HDGAIN
5:T76_HFGAIN 6:T76_HFMUTEGAIN
7:T76_OFMGAIN 8:T76_OFMMUTEGAIN
9:T76_OHCAGAIN 10:T76_OHCAMUTEGAIN
11:T76_TONEGAIN 12:T76_RINGGAIN
13:T76_DTMFGAIN 14:T76_HSTNGAIN
15:T76_HFTNGAIN
enter number:

Tried several parameters, but no luck as of yet.

Choose the model handsets you have and then in there will be a submenu. VR1 = send. VR2 = recieve. VR% = sidetone. So if you have a KX-T7636 handset, and when using the handpiece, the side tone is too much, go into option 3 and change VR5 until you are happy.

HD is for headsets and HF is for handsfree speaker phone..

OK, Finally was able to get this fixed for my customer. The answer for sidetone adjustment on a 7600 series phone on a TDA50 is option 3 as pointed out in prervious post. While under VR5 I the default setting was a hex setting of 0x000C. After much experimenting I changed to 0x006A and the sidetone was perfect. The symptoms of the wrong setting is strong echo in the handset of your own voice, in case sidetone is an unfamiliar term. This only seems to occur on the internal ext to ext calls, but makes the customer feel like you sold them $10.00 Kmart phones. Thanks to all on this post especially Shardian. When I called Panasonic tech support they did not explain direct terminal connections to me or support this type of a programming change. Glad someone knows better.

Yeah for some reason, certain guys at tech support don't like explaining some of this stuff....gets you pretty mad cos if the system isn't working right, it isn't just you that gets a bad name, panasonic get a fair share of the blame too, so you would think that they would want to help as much as possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back