Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sidetone Adjustment of Panasonic Phones 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassin4him

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2005
US
Is there any way to increase the sidetone (what you hear in the handset from your own voice, when you speak) in Panasonic phone handsets?

you can increase or decrease earpiece volume thats it!!

Nah you can adjust the gain levels like you could on the old TD series. You just have to connect to the RS232 port with a null modem cable.
Start up hyperterminal or whatever and set your port settings to 19200 and Xon/Xoff
Hit the space bar. If the cursor moves, you're connected, so press enter.
You'll be prompted for a login...It's LOGIN
You'll be prompted for a password...It's 1234
You'll see this
MPR>
Type DPGAIN and press enter
You'll see a menu appear and you can choose certain items to edit.

VR1 = RX
VR2 = TX
VR5 = Sidetone.

Hope it helps.....

Shardian;
I have downloaded sys data from 816/1232s, but did not know about connecting for programming, if that is what your post is saying.

BTW, you mention 19200 and XON/XOFF; but other terminal settings will work, right? I believe my last settings were 19200 & no hardware control, which I used to download the sys data.

Thanks,
mwm

are you telling me that even no the default settings
are 9600.m,8,1 nfc that you can direct connect @ 19.2 m,8,1 Xon/Xoff with hyperterminal ? I won't say it
can not be be done but I can tell you that I will be
checking this out tommarow

Whoops, i thought this was a TDA system. To adjust gain levels on an 816 or 1232, connect to the system like normal then go back to the main screen. Hold down ALT and press KXTD one letter at a time.
You will find your self in a 'secret' menu. Somewhere in there is a menu item for gain adjustment.

Can't remember which one though but it should point you in the right direction. When adjusting the levels though, use the help function as it has the gain values and their associated programming values..

gee thanks ?? is this with the dos blue screen that you get the secret menu or hyperteminal?

very cool is there a there any cool stuff for the tda like that?

Shardian & cwc3;
...interested in how you connect terminals to KXTDs for programming. --I tried your method this afternoon (19k, Xon, etc.) and no joy. With 9600, 8-1-0, no control, works fine for sys data download and smdr. And no cursor advance using the space-bar, enter, escape.

And what is,"dos blue screen"?

Sounds cool. Very cool, actually.

Easter Eggs. That's what a programmer friend calls things like, "Alt+<K+X+T+D>." Hidden goodies.

mwm

MWM - 19k etc with xon/xoff was the way to do it for TDA. DOS blue screen is the proper Panasonic progamming software.

cwc3 - TDA gain control info is in my first post in this topic. (3rd from top)

blue screen is orig dealer only dos based software!!
the first td -) programmed like a 123211d or 336
with straight terminal emulation!!

From what I can understand from preceeding posts for this thread, cwc3 is apparently correct about adjusting the sidetone on KXTD phone systems. And from previous posts, other Panasonic systems make the sidetone adjustment at the system level, and not to the phone/handset.

I'm using the KX-A281 programming software (MS Windows), which gives access to all of the dealer functions (as far as I know), and I can assure you, there's nothing there that appears to adjust the sidetone.

Can someone clear the confusion? Can you, or can you not adjust the sidetone on Panasonic digital phones?

You can adjust the sidetone levels. Not through windows software, must be DOS based programming tool. Follow steps from my earlier post and then choose option 7: 74-Series Gain Data, and then option 8: HS Side Tone Gain. Its there. I'm looking at it right at the moment in fact

Unfortunately, I don't have the DOS programming software. Does anyone know if sidetone is programmable via the Windows software or via the handset?

Shardian; ...just purchased the Panasonic A-281 software and am getting acquainted with it.

DOS or command line mode? The screen presented is, of course, a GUI. It has the extension programming, etc., presented.

Where is the command line option?

Yours,
mwm

The software I'm talking about isn't windows based at all. It'll run under windows but you don't have a mouse. The screen is blue with white writing. Never used windows based software on a TD system so I don't know whether the secret menu will be there....sorry

Thanks, Shardian;
I am very interested in command line solutions--they have a well-regarded place in our computer panoply!

BASH is such a great example of that power!

If there is info you can share about this command line or terminal hookup to KX-TDs, I would be very interested to hear about it.

Yours,
mwm

Don't know that there is all that much info to give out. Pana just give this software out free to dealers...not really command line based, looks more like the old setup programs that used to be around in the early nineties for games...

Its DOS based and when it starts, it says "Now Program Loading." The included help file is in really bad Jap-Lish, so it isn't all that much help.

When its is completed loading, you get a blue screen, and 6 options. 1.System data programming (batch)
2.System data programming (interactive)
3.Disk file management
4.DSHS management
5.DHSH Connect/Disconnect
6.Quit

Latest version we have is 5.30. If you use the wrong version on a system, it starts doing funny things...

The secret menu lets you do other stuff like increase or decrease the service area that the PHS cell stations put out..

Other than that I don't know what else to say about it....Maybe us aussies have older software than the rest of the world??

thats kinda funny because the Windows Console Software we use
Here in the states is written by an aussie company!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back