Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sidekick95 required (EN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi
I would like to get hold of a copy of Sidekick95 in English (I'm currently using a German version). Does anybody know of anywhere that can FTP or email the software?

Hi Park01,

See FAQ1 By clicking on the Link below your posting and Mine called:

Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

It's called:
"Invalid File MAST.WK /Goals &Todo's not forwarding
Perhaps I should give it a more relevant name!
It gives all the instructions for downloading Sidekick98 + the year 2000 patch and a link to the
"Starfish Vintage Products Support page" where you can get a lot of answers to your Questions...
Good Luck
Jim

Dear all
I have just added a more descriptive FAQ1a for the use of all who want to download Sidekick98 and the year 2000 Patch for it.
Just click on the Link below my post or your own post.
Called:
Check out the FAQ
area for this forum!

Regards Jim

Why not just buy Copy of Sidekick 99 from e-bay for $10 - $20? I don't recall a Sidekick95, but as I recall I had to update to Sidekick98 from the original Sidekick when moving from Win3.11 to Win95. Sidekick99 has some improvements over Sidekick98, but it lacks to ability to save the calendars in .html format.

Dear buczacz,
Whatever suits you buczacz; but as you can see from other posts in this forum Sidekick98 has 'Stuff' in it that Sidekick99 does not have.
It was a case of -Starfish- deciding that a reduced set of capabilities was going to make Sidekick more popular, (or maybe that they had given away too much with Internet Sidekick's Synchronise files ability and realised that it (File synchronisation) could be developed to be a Money spinner to cater for all the people with handhelds!)
I have always liked a good program and Sidekick was, and is, despite the odd problem a very good & complete program if only they, Starfish(management), would realise it and develop it as a suite on XP or whatever and free it from it's DOS origins which has held it back since Windows98SE..
I rant on AND ON Sorry! I just enjoy a program I can get to grips with and Sidekick has been that program.
Whatever you choose is up to you and I wish you well.
Regards Jim

I have a download of Sidekick 95 (English) and its patch along with the Sidekick 95 manual, the Envoy viewer required for viewing it, and some notes on it. The total size is about 6.48M and I will send it when I get an address.
ebob2k@cyberservices.com

Park01,
I have Sidekick 95 (English) bundled with WordPerfect Suite 7. If you still need, please post your address here.

Ken Bellis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back