Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sidekick Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnniemccoy

Technical User
Oct 13, 2002
US
My employees use computers on several different locations. I want to put Sidekick on those computers. I downloaded a copy of Sidekick 98 to use at home. Am I supposed to register this copy I downloaded for home use? What is required, registration wise, for me to use it on the other location computers? If I have to register it, do I just register for each computer I install it on or buy a new copy for each one? Of course, I don't want to spend much money but I want my machines to be used legally.

Dear johnniemccoy,
Try contacting Starfish at their website http//see the contact us option if you place the cursor over Company
and ask them.

However check with them the suggestion that if you can get as many copies of SDK99 from EBay (or from them as they may still sell it) as you need and register them, you could then not use them and download SDK98 instead (which is a far better programme).
HTH
Regards Jim

I have been using Sidekick 98 for several years. Over the course of the last months, a problem has developed: when I attempt to enter data to a specific hour in the Calendar mode, a clock face appears and then a heavy cursor bar appears as well. When I enter the data, the first letter is deleted and another verticle bar is added to the message. The message can be altered so these characters are removed but this is a pain. I can't seem to find out how to eliminate them. Any suggestions? Don Cumfer

Dear Don,

I believe you will find your answer in FAQ807-3130.

Hard to find you in this thread.

Jack

Hi SK-tekies
We also tried to register, and offered to pay, for additional licenses.
This about two years ago. We were told that it was no longer available.
Later I discovered, here at Tek-Tips, the site where we could download
as many copies as we wanted. But, I can´t "register them".

I don´t know what this means.

Elsa Garcia
Mexico City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back