Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sidekick 99 won't install on winxp after file transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2007
US
I used the windows file transfer wizard to transfer files and sitting from an old computer running win xp to a new desktop also running winxp. All files and setting were transfered to the new computer including sidekick 99. When I tried to reinstall sidekick 99 a message from sidekick stated that sidekick need to be uninstalled. I removed what I thought were all instances of sidekick from the registry, but when I tried to install the second time I received the same message that sidekick needed to be uninstalled. Can anybody shed some light on what I need to do to get SK99 installed?

Dear blufftonjay,

See the following FAQ

faq807-2246

It explains the procedure for getting over the problem.
Check out all the other FAQ pages too!

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort!

James33
Thanks for the info. I'll also go to faq if I have any more problems

When I try to save or copy from the floppy (archived) Contact List, I am instructed that this is not permitted.

Whilest attempting to save REX TrueSync Contact files for installation/updating on a second computer, I have ended up with my current contact list on a floppy as archived. This is the only complete contact file I have anfter this fiasco. Because, whilest trying to fix the problem all other files on board my computer have been only partially saved.
When I try to save or copy from the floppy (archived) Contact List, I am instructed that this is not permitted.

Please help. I can't sleep.

Obolek

Dear obolek,
Check out the address on the following page:
Send the file to the address mentioned on that page and I will see what can be done.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back