Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sidekick 98 won't reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peechee

Technical User
Dec 11, 2004
US
I have a disk with the program and patch. I unzipped all to a folder on my desktop. I went to the folder, and disk #1, clicked on setup.exe. It asks me if I want to allow the program to make changes to my computer. I click on yes, and then it just stops. No error messages, no hangups. Just stops. Suggestions please!

I was finally able to load sk98 in safe mode. it will open in safe mode. but it will not open in normal mode. I just get the 5 bars in the opening screen, which after a minute turns blank/white. In addition, I had copied what I thought was my data file and userdata files to my desktop before I deleted the program for the uninstall/reinstall, but it seems like when I try to reinstall those files in safe mode, all the dates say 1997. what happened to my data? I think im about to give up and start using outlook. not so happy today. any help is appreciated.

Hello Peechee,
This looks like an FAQ and if you search on say "load" and "transfer" you will get examples.
The first problem is that another program is getting in the way.
The second problem depends on how you transfer. For example, a CD will give you read-only. I used USB.

Thanks I had already figured it out after three days of futzing around. I deleted the recent update to Logitech set point. I was then able to open. But still coulnt reload data which had been saved to desktop (not as read only) I deleted program again and reloaded this time to starfish/sidekick instead of just to sidekick. The data magically showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back