Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SI 7.0 -> CR 10 Reports on Stored Procedures on MS SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

acarruth

Programmer
Sep 7, 2003
US
Hi,

In SI 7.0, one can access a stored procedure on a MS SQL Server via in the Crystal Report Expert.. lets say we're trying to access a stored procedure named "test". When this SI 7.0 report is opened in CR 10, the report will not run because it is looking for a stored procedure named "test" that doesn't exist anymore. This is because in CR 10, when you use the Database Expert and navigate to the stored procedure, it is now named "test;1".

Is there a reason for this? Is there a way to have it not contain the ';1'?

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards

When the datasource was originally created for CR 7 I think that you may have been able to eliminate this by going into the Database->Set Location and manually erasing it, at least I believe this to be the case for CR 8.

At any rate, you should still be able to go into Database->Set Location and repoint the report to the SP and it should function normally.

-k

Hi, thanks for the response.

I have been able to get it working by using Set Datasource Location, but there are 300+ reports. I could repoint those tables programatically, but even that is hassle.. I have a feeling it has to do with the SQL Client driver on the 7.0 machine..

I ended up writing a small vb script to go through all the reports and and change the table location to be the stored procedure with the ';1', and then alias it to the old table name.. worked out well.

Thanks for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back