Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shutting down > starting up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmstenner

Technical User
Jul 22, 2002
AU
Hi all,

I am having an issue with a Windows 2k workstation, i believe its a hardware related issue, but I want to share my thoughts with others.

When the machine is shutdown, it appears to step though the processes correctly and powers down.

When the machine is brought back up, it wants to run a disk check and goes through the 5 steps, as if the machine had an incorrect or dirty shutdown.

The machine does not have APM, I have run a checkdisk and all appears to be fine, even when it does the disk check, it finds no errors... I am led to believe this is a problem with the hash layout on the disk... requiring a new disk soon..

any ideas?

thanks all,

Brendan

I am a moron, wrong forum... moving this to the professional...

sorry, i know someones bound to get upset cause its in the server forum, but don't tell me its in the wrong forum cause i know. sorry to you! :-D

[2thumbsup]

No one here is perfect. You caught the problem, and fixed it as far as the forums go. Good luck, and let me know how it comes out.

Glen A. Johnson
Johnson Computer Consulting
"The best fire does not flare up the soonest."
George Eliot (1819-1880); Englist novelist.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

All hashed out, probem with the disk,

Thought I would update as requested :)

Thanks! :)

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back