Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shutdown system from a command line

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinnaclePaul

Technical User
May 6, 2015
GB
Please let me know if it is possible to run a script to shutdown remotely an Avaya IP 500 V2.

We are trying to implement this safety measure, in case the power goes down outside working hours, and we want the telephony system to shutdown gracefully.

Nope, not possible

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Yeah, I mean there is telnet access, and from there you can reboot a system...seems like shutdown should be possible as well. Though, that could be a huge security vulnerability as the telnet is not password protected.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

A IPO 500v2 does not have telnet access by default and if you know how to activate it then a username/password is required just like the Manager/SSA/sysMonitor apps.

Ehh...it's just a NoUser source number. Put it in, reboot, instant access to telnet into the IPO with no authentication. Unless you know of some other way.

-Austin
qrcode.png

I published that on the other forum and you'd better not tell anyone here as there are some known hackers reading these posts with great interest.

It's already on the internet, nothing a quick google find wouldn't reveal.

-Austin
qrcode.png

I'm surprised that the IPO doesn't have a way for a UPS shut it down gracefully in the event of a power cut - something like this NUTS

I guess most installations will have a UPS but for small offices a UPS is inexpensive.

I guess if you would Wireshark to see what Manager does to shutdown IPO you could make an application that does the same.
Wouldn't expect it to be that complicated.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back