Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shutdown option is removed except for one user?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahoe2

IS-IT--Management
Dec 30, 2002
US
metaframe 1.8 on W2K server in a SBS2003 network.
Shut down option is disabled through local policy on the citrix server.
User has an account with administrator privileges (so do three others, no issue with them).
At any rate, whether she logs into Citrix from a workstation or a thin client, she gets the option to shut down, as well as log off.

This is a first for me, ever since I disabled the shut down command in local policy, I've had no issues.
Until last week, that is. That's when the user shut down the server and booted the whole company.

What am I missing?
thanks in advance!
Corie

Do you use roaming profiles? Try deleting the users profile and let it regenerate. Do you use group policies or just local?

Thanks for responding.
We do use roaming profiles. I use local policy on all servers.
On another (possibly the same) note, we keep getting errors for gpt.ini every time a user logs on. the event is:

Source: USERENV
EVENTID: 1000
Category: None

Windows cannot access the file gpt.ini for GPO
The file must be present at the location <>. ().
Group Policy processing aborted.

I was trying to get around having to delete the users profile, but I eventually had to do it. It's better now, but I still don't know what happened.

Corie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back