Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shutdown option does not work it just reboots the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lockac

MIS
Jan 21, 2003
GB
I have a pc which has just started acting strange. When I go to shut the pc down instead of it turning the power off. It reboots the pc and start's to load Windows XP again. It's modern box only about 18 months old. It has not long had a second compy of windows xp installed on a diffrerent partiton. So it's almost untouch.

The Spec of the pc is as follows

PC 1 Hardware
P4 1.5 256mb 40gb & 20gb,64mb Video,SMC EZ card 10/100 smc1211tx
PC 1 Software
Windows XP SP1 + hot fixes, IE6,Netscape 7., Office 2000,Etc

Can anyone help me please. I do work in IT so technical stuff can be handled

Hi there,

I had this problem when I installed drivers for my logitech keyboard and mouse. I was using the CD that came with them that was meant for Win 95/98 and not XP. Though this may not be your problem, I would recommend checking that all your drivers are XP compatible etc. If you're not sure, uninstall them and see if this helps, XP should find native drivers to support your components when you uninstall the others.

Good luck,

Chris Bigamy is having one wife too many.
Marraige is the same.
-Oscar Wilde

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back