Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shut off voicemail on specific co line 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Errika

Technical User
Mar 17, 2004
US
Hi all, its me again. This week's problem:

We have three company lines. Line 3 is our dedicated fax line. Is there a way I can shut the voicemail off on that company line because we have a feeling its interfering with our ability to receive faxes. Using Starplus DHS with Dispatch.

Thanks!

Errika

Yeah, you can delete that line from ringing into your voicemail group. Get into phone system programming and go to system applications, hunt groups, and enter your voicemail hunt group number (probably 1 for group 82). Scroll to ring assignments and delete that line from the ring assignment for that group...Good Luck.

No, it didn't work. It let me get into that section, but doesn't let me specifially erase a line from voicemail.

Too bad.

Once you get into the Hunt Grp 1 (Vmail Hunt Group) you will go to ringing assingments and hit next until you get to line 3 and make sure that ringing is set to NONE. You have the options of Day, Night, Both or None and you want to make sure that line 3 is not ringing that voicemial hunt group. If this is not clear, let me know!

I went in and all three lines were set to NONE, so I changed both lines 1 and 2 to BOTH and left 3 at NONE. I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for the help. Again!

Errika

If those settings were set to none, then 1 or both of these should be done: Go to station programming and enter the station port that is actually the first port of your voicemail and toggle to ring assignments and set the line you don't want to ring to none for that and all other station ports that are members of the voicemail group. The other thing to check would be Preset call forward for that line and if it is programmed to ring the voicemail group after a certain amount of time, you will want to take that off, directing that line nowhere in preset call forward programming...Good Luck.

Errika:

I'm puzzled that the three lines were all set to none. Does the AA pickup all calls all the time? How do you activate the AA? Until we know how your system is set up, I would recommend that you put the lines back to NONE on 1&2. Once we understand how you are using the voicemial and auto-attendant we may be able to recommend a better way of setting it up.

Yes, once I set lines 1&2 to both all calls went straight to voicemail...so I have them all set to NONE now.

We don't use AA anymore during business hours. We tried to once and it messed everything up. We just use it at night when I just hit the NITE button and the ringers shut off and everything goes right into the menu.

Not sure what else to tell you...

Ok, so the problem is this:

Someone tries to send us a fax and it either goes directly into voicemail or will ring the fax machine once and go into voicemail. Either way, we rarely receive our faxes.

Errika:

Go into Station programming and for each telephone that rings and in ringing assignments for line 3 set to NONE. This will make line 3 only appear on the telephones but not ringing except for the fax machine. What is happening, when you turn on night ring, line 3 is set up to ring along with the lines 1&2 and the voicemail is answering the call. That should do it!

all company lines are set to NONE, does this matter?

oh, one more thing. I may have fixed it unexpectedly. I went in and changed line 3 from CO to OPN. It appears to be working, the voicemail didn't pick up.

The OPN means OPEN. According to the manual this is used for CO lines Equipped on the system but not connected to the telephone company network facilities (Phone line) The reason it works is now that line isn't seen by the DHS and it only goes to the fax machine. I don't think that this is what you want and the manual states that OPEN alerts the system that this line should not be used for outgoing calls.

In Day mode what telephone extensions ring?

Were you able to work things out? If not send me you email and I'll get your number and will walk you through the programming.

We had the phone guy come out. He said that whatever I did worked. However, its a new week so there's a new problem. Just between you and me(and whoever reads this) I think my boss keeps jacking something up. I'm going to drop you an email instead of taking up so much space here. As always, I appreciate all of your help.

E

or email me, ejenkins@tds.net

thanks

Errika

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back