Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shut down colour screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2003
GB
I am not sure if this is even a problem,but I have reinstalled everything a new on pc and added some hard drives and now on shut down the screengoes a sort of lime green colour,never had that before?
This is a problem.I have tried to install my t1000e colorado tape drive and it comes up with iterup requester conflict,and that some other divice is irqing my parrel port ,but everthing is okay in device manager?hAPPy birday by the way,for that special person who is reading this;)

Change your monitor type to Plug-and-Play.

Check the IRQ assigned to your sound board, they often try to steal the Parallel interrupt as it is not needed for the printer, but maybe needed for your tape drive. Also set the parallel port to standard instead of ECP or EPP.

thanks for getting back,I pulled out sound card and managed to get tape drive going,also the green screen went as well.I have two scsi cards in as well and I am thinking I am running out off irqs.You would think that with all the stuff you can bang in pc,s they would give you some more.Can you get more irqs with bios flashing,or is it just as it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back