Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing Q managers in mmc

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgenius

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
IE
Hi,

I have MQSeries explorer on my NT pc. I am able to show a remote queue maneger that exisits on an AS400. I am only able to do this on my NT logon. When I try to do it for other developers I get the following message:

AMQ4036 Access not authorized. You are not authorized to perform this operation.

I have looked up this error message but cannot find out what I need to do to fix it. I do not understand how authority is resolved under this scenario.

Any ideas?

It sounds like your id is an authorized userid, for MQ on the server of the qmgr that you are trying to access. Are the other users authorized on the qmgr/server?
MQ passes the logon id (from NT) to the server/Queue Manager and 1.checks with the os for authorization to log on and 2. if that user is either in the mqm group (mq administrators group) or has mq authority set to access the queue manager.
Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back