Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing Outgoing number?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juldal

MIS
Jan 26, 2005
DK
Hello

I have CLIP SA activated on my PRI Line, the service provider did this for me, so that i can show any number i want on outgoing calls.

However using CLIP the only way that seems to work is if i set the Route PArametres, Line NO Outgoing to Country Code.

But then the number shown to the called is presented with 3 zero´s in front like
It should only be presented with
Otherwise when people want to call back they will get an error, because there is 3 zero´s.

My Seizure code is 0 to access line
My LCR says 0CZ and the dial rule says A

How can i get rid of the extra two zeros`? is this configurable through LCR or???

/Juldal

You're not saying what switch this is on, but it's obvious that you're not in the US. On my Hicom 300 systems if I want the number to be properly formatted on the Network Numbering plan (in the definition of each station) to National. I would assume you would set yours to International in the same situation. The Numbering Plan type would also have to be setup correctly in your dialing plan (LDPLN) definitions, and in that case I believe the correct setting is ISDN_Telephony or something similar to that.

I don't know the settings for other switches, except maybe the Hicom 150.

Hello

It is a Siemens Hipath 3800 in Nordic country Denmark

Do you mean in the manager under Lines>Special> that it needs to be ISDN instead of System check which is standard in europe?

I dont see a definiton of each station where you can set it to International?

I don't know the HiPath 3800, but assume the menu system is somewhat similar to the 150, in which case there is no settings under each station for numbering plan type.

I have no idea if it's anything like yours, but I have PRI on my 150 - I'm using 5ESS protocol. I have a "Routing Parameters" screen and for "No and type, outgoing" I have "local area code" selected. I would assume if you have the same screen you may want to include "country code" - or not.

In my "Routes" screen under "PABX-number incoming" my country code is 1, my area code is 920, and my PABX number (local exchange) is 320. This info has an impact on the outgoing caller-id as well.

Like I said - not sure if your system even has any settings similar to these, but there they are. I don't know anything about the rules of foreign countries, but I would guess you could try changing your trunk setting to "ISDN", place a couple of calls and change it back if it causes problems?

Hi try this out:

No and Type, outgoing: Country code
======================

PABX Number outgoing:
=====================
country Code:
local area Code: 023
PABX Number: 232323

(I am not quite sure if U want the extension number is to be included in the number)

Pls let us know if it works,

Chumen

you should chang lcr to 0c-z and dialrule to E2A so it doesn't sent de extra "0"

Also uncheck under "lines/networking" -> "routing paramters" -> "Add direction prefix outgoing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back