Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

showing loding image...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotNetGnat

Programmer
Mar 10, 2005
IN
Guys,

I am opening a new page on a button click event to show the search results. This new window comes up blank not giving the user any obvious message to the user that the process is running...sometimes the page takes 30 seconds to load...

I was wondering what is the easiest way to show/hide div with the loading message or image...

I already have the js for hiding/unhiding div...

Can i do something like

Page.attributes.Add(onload, show)

and

Page.attributes.Add(oncomplete, hide)

any suggestions...

-DNG

DotNetGnat, I've been following your questions on the forums lately and have noticed a common theme. You don't seem to understand the nature of web development. I would recommend you take some time to research how the web enviornment works. not web forms or asp.net, just what the web is. How http works, what the strengths and weaknesses are and how it can be leveraged.

I believe this will help clarify some of your questions about how to approach a problem.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

thanks for the suggestions guys...

Jason,

I am not a web developer. I always frame questions in a easy way in order to get some ideas...

Thanks again...

-DNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back