Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing Location/Department on internal calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieV3

Programmer
Mar 8, 2006
GB
Hi,

I have question, which I can't find the answer to.

Is it possible to have internal callers showing their location or department when making internal calls? I can't see anything in the COS which references this.

I have a Mitel MXe III running MCD 5.0 SP1 PR1.

Thanks

No. There is only a COS to substitute the department name for the name in the telephone directory. That is only for extenal calls.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

There are only options for phonebook lookup by location me thinks.

I'm guessing this might be for emergency calls?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

It's actually for a business with multiple departments. The extensions are labelled with the users role, ie Director, and they would like the location to be shown as well as the username. They do not want to use the name of the person in the role. I think they have quite a high turn over of staff...

There is the below COS option, i have used this once before and works pretty weel in large enviroments.

Phonebook Lookup - Display User Location

This option applies to SUPERSET 420, SUPERSET 4025, and SUPERSET 4125 telephones, and 5020, 5212, 5215, 5220, 5224, 5312, 5324, 5330, and 5340 IP Phones, 5560 IPT, and Navigator. Select Yes to display, the user's location after the phonebook search function displays the user's directory number and name. The display alternates between the name/number and location every 2 seconds.

f1fanatic, is this feature active only on phonebook search, or does it work on calls between sets? The way I read it in the COS options is that it's only relevant to phonebook enquiries. Hopefully you can tell me I'm wrong.

Sorry Eddie, classic case of read the request properly on my part, yes this is for phone book lookups not for calls, never done it on a per call basis.

Apologies.

Sorry EddieV3 it can't be done.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back