Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

showing form only

Status
Not open for further replies.

quinbe

Programmer
Dec 30, 2004
US
I have a sily question.
How can I make all tables, queries,... disappear in a database except for the form only? Anyone could help me, please

Hi
Do you mean mark hidden? If so, right click on any item in the database window, choose Properties, and click the Hidden box. Whether you can see hidden objects or not, depends on your settings under Tools, Options, View. Or is this a silly answer? :)

I did all that before I posted this question.....which didn't do what I want.
Cuz I see some database have nothing but forms are visible, mean users can able to see and access forms only.
Whether you can see hidden objects or not, depends on your settings under Tools, Options, View
I check the Hidden objects and select Run permissions as User's. I still can see all my objects. Is it weird?

Hi
There may be two points here. It is very common to create databases with front ends, for the forms, and back ends, for evrything else. This means that only forms would be seen in the front end. The other point is, are you sure you have marked objects as hidden?

Yes I did. I did both, right click on each specific table and also mark hidden from Tool/Options/View.
Thanks for mention the word "front end", I could not even think of the right words

I think I figured out the way.
Thanks a lot for your help, Remou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back