Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing Correct time 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conno

Technical User
Oct 29, 2008
US
Is anyone here having issues with displaying correct time? Since the clocks were rolled back an hour, our IP phones are still displaying an hour ahead. I have checked manager to make sure we were pointing to the correct time server. But don't know if there is anything else that I must be doing.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

What software version are you on ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Having the same problem, IPO500 4.1(15) All Digital Phones when they hit the Time/Date button it shows the old time. Have checked system monitor and system status..times is correct and Time Server IP address is correct, strange?

I know it should never be a fix but I reckon a reboot will sort it.

ACS - IP Office Implement

4.1(15) & 6.1 for Manager

What are you using as a time server?
it needs to be either VM lite/pro or the manager application
The IP Office uses an older protocol for time & a standard time server does not usualy work.

Use *9000*hold to change the time
This must be done on a 4610,4620/21 or a 5610,5620/21
Also the user must have set "system phone" to be able to change date and time

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

Yea, I am going to reboot the system and it is voicemail pro running on XP Pro.

We are using Windows2003 server as a time server. We are pointing to that IP address. I'll change the IP address to VM Pro server's. See if that'll make a difference.

Pointing to he VMPro server worked. Thanks.

God forbid Avaya use the same standard as most other people, makes you smile doesn't it! :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

further checking shows the ip office uses Time (rfc 868) rather than NTP
most linux servers can be configured to provide Time as well as NTP.
I do not know if this is possible with windows.

Windows cannot deliver RFC868 TIME protocol, only NTP is supported.
Most Internet Time servers have stopped serving this protocol two years ago.
Its a bout time Avaya change the time protocol to NTP or retrieve the time from the ISDN connection.

Check your time server to make sure it has the right time. That would be the first thing I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back