Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing columns as pivot tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

syncdba

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2005
US
Hi All,

I'm trying to create a report in CRXI. The columns I have for report are in following format:
Date Type Model Percentage
=====================================
04/22 Browser A 100
04/23 Browser A 89.09
04/22 Radio A 87.09
04/23 Radio A 67.90
05/01 TCP B 100.0
04/22 TCP C 90.00

I'm trying to create the report as a pivot table like:
Date Browser Radio Tcp
05/01 100.00
04/23 89.09 67.90 90.00
04/22 100 87.09 90.00

Really appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.

Use Insert Cross-Tab and place it in the report header or report footer, and the the date field in the row, Type field in the column, and maximum percentage in the summarized Fields.

-k

When I use Cross-tab I'm having two issues:
1> In Percentage column I need data as it is but after using cross-tab it is doing sum of Percentage data.
2> I want a drill-down. If somebdy clicks on percentage data it will show date,Type,model & percentage.

Thanks for help.

It does sum of percentage data because you selected sum, contrary to what I suggested, I suggested maximum, reread the post.

DrillDown doesn't work that way, and this ofcourse was aHUGE scope creep.

Might want to sit down for 5 minutes and formulate your entrire spec before starting a new post and wasting peoples time.

The solution matched the requirement, the fact that you elect not to do as suggested, and then add in unknowns doesn't mean it can't work or can'tbe done, but it doesmean that you need to put more effort towards the solution.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back