Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show warnings with mysqlimport

Status
Not open for further replies.

InnSun

Programmer
Aug 10, 2002
US
Hi,

Using mysqlimport (from the shell command line) is more convenient at times than running LOAD DATA INFILE... from within mysql. However, I don't seem to be able to view warnings that the import may produce. If it was run from within mysql, then the command SHOW WARNINGS; immediately after the LOAD would provide the necessary display of warning messages.

Is there some way to view warnings / errors after running mysqlimport?

TIA

thanx sleipnir214.

Sorry, i got ahead of myself here. The feature "SHOW WARNINGS" is not currently available. It is proposed for the 4.1 release (alpha only currently) and may not even be available there (see the comment at the end of this reference manual page:

)

even when it is implemented it doesn't appear to be available for the mysqlimport command...i suppose what i meant was does anyone know of a system file that holds these warning messages?? i.e.,following something like
Query OK, 91515 rows affected (3.27 sec)
Records: 91515 Deleted: 0 Skipped: 0 Warnings: 5559

...where are those 5559 warnings?

I have the same problem... If someone knows where is possible to find warnings.. please.. share it with us!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back