Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake1

MIS
Aug 6, 2001
US
I am creating Crystal Reports using Version 11 and connecting to a SQL database. I can see the server and the database and tables, views, and stored procedures but when I click on tables all I get is dtproperties and not the tables. What do I need to do or change in order to see the tables? I am using OBDC System DSN to connect to the database.

Sounds like a permissioning issue for that user account.

This assumes that when you say that you can see "the server and the database and tables, views, and stored procedures", you mean that you can see the option to expand those.

Where are you within the interface anyway? I don't see anything called dtproperties.

If you're adding a table, use Database->Database Expert->Data

-k

I created a new ODBC DSN and was then able to connect and see the tables. Not sure why the first DSN didn't work. It works with the application but not with Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back