Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show same data several times

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffmpa

Technical User
Jul 24, 2002
SE
I want create a report to make cover sheets for several documents. The cover sheets should have the same data on them except for a text title (which is not in the database)and I would like to do this in one run.

e.g.
Title 1
datarow1
datarow2
datarow3
(page break)
Title 2
datarow1
datarow2
datarow3

etc.
I could make the user run the report 3 times to produce the different versions but that seems unnecessary. Anybody have any ideas how I can do this?

I am running Crystal 8 against an Oracle 9 database using OLE DB to connect.

Thanks
Jeff

Save your report under another name. Import it as a subreport in the report footer. Add another report footer section and import it again.

You can work with the subreports as if they were main reports, except there is no page header. You can fake a page header by having a group that includes everything and specifying 'repeat group header on new page'.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Thanks both for your replies.

I want to avoid making the user print the report three times. I could repeat the report as a subreport 3 times and will if I have to. I just thought maybe there was a more elegant solution.

Jeff

I think you could create a formula to use as a page header:

if pagenumber = 1 then "My First Title" else
if pagenumber = 2 then "My Second Page Title" else
if pagenumber = 3 then "My Third Page Title"

I'm assuming that you have added some kind of group that you use as a basis for inserting a page break.

-LB

That's the problem. I can't figure out what kind of grouping to use for a page break. I'll probably have to go with inserting subreports for each copy of the report if nobody out there can come up with something better.
/Jeff

Sorry, I realized after posting that that wasn't probably your issue. The subreport route is probably the way to go.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back