Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show records depending on date!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat

Technical User
Aug 26, 2001
SE
Hi,
My client got a website on which they are listing events. It is a CMS site so they just add the events as they are booked and the website is listing them in the section.

I would like the site to only list future events, by checking the current date and then select future records.

I am using DW MX 2004 and ACCESS database.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

sure,
in ur sql:
select * from tablename where DateField>today

for today i think there is a msaccess command (now() or something like that), u can do this stuff using ur database...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Thanks!

That seems to be what I am trying and having problems with. Do you know if you can experience problems with the format etc.

The date field in access is set to text and I have made sure the date is inserted in the same format as the Date appears, dd/mm/yyyy.

It worked when I tried the SQL in DW, but not when I uploaded to the server?

But it seems like Date appears like 7/6/2004 and my date is inserted like 07/06/2004. But it didnt seem to help even if I removed the 0s...??

Any ideas?

I keep trying.....

Thanks!

how did the 0s go? isnt the field suppose to be of a text type???

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back