Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show "BUSY" on the phone display when user is on the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

axsys

Technical User
Jan 1, 2002
US
I am hoping this is an easy one....I have an Option 11c and right now if employees dial each other internally and the person they are dialing is on the phone, it does not display "Busy" on the callers phone display.

What do I need to change/add to enable this feature?

Thanks,

Joe

if you have forwarding or hunting in place you will not see that prompt, not sure why your seeing it if you are hearing a busy. might want to go to 90 and prt cpnd.. that may be wher that prompt needs to be added

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

In Succession 3.0, there is a place in the CDB that you can change what is displayed during certain events. I think you have to have your second level password to change these, but I know it's there.

Again, I am at my new job, in an AVAYA environment, but I have all these notes at home.

If someone doesn't post the procedures here today, I will do so tonite when I get home.

John

I left out a few details. We are on version 25.40 and we are using 3903 phones. When users call each other internally, if the person they are calling is on the phone the call will hit their rollover line and will not let the caller know that the person they are calling is on the phone. I know that the option 11c has the capability to display "Busy" on the callers phone for internal calls but I am unsure of what changes need to be made to implement this feature.

Thanks,

Joe

you may be looking for a feature this switch doesn't handle, your display may show hunt to with a step to a spare line, if the called party needs cls fita will give more then the single beep and tdd will show the called party who is calling

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

it's in LD 95. I can't remember what it is right now so try going into LD 95 and print your CPND

REQ PRT
TYPE CPND
CUST (usually 0)

post your CPND block and I'll see if I can figure it out.

what is ur LHK value in ld 10/11 for the extension

set it to '0'

i think axsys wants to see the word "busy". I don't think axsys is hearing a busy, nor does axsys want to hear a busy so I wouldn't recommend changing the LHK to 0. Otherwise the call is not going to go to the rollover DN. Post your CPND block if you're still trying to get this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back