Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show parameters from a query in a report header 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kooley

Technical User
Jan 8, 2003
US
I have a query that runs based a "Closing Date" range. I have a report that runs from this query & I would like the date range that is entered to appear in the Report Header. I have tried pulling the "Closing Date" field to the report, but the results are inaccurate. (Example: I enter a begin date of 9-1-06 and an end date of 9-30-06. The fields that appear in the header are 9-14-06 to 9-14-06.) Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Where are you entering the Date Range?

If it is being done in a form, you can set the controlsource of the report's textboxes to the textboxes where you entered the closing date parameters.

Forms!frmYourForm!txtBeginDate

Cheers,
Bill

When the report is run, prompts come up for the user to enter a beginning date and then another prompt for the entry of an end date. So, it's not really in a form. Any other ideas?

create a textbox on your report, and use the parameter as the controlsource for that textbox.

Example.
I have a report populated by a query. The query asks the user to type an end date in the criterium-field [Type the ending date:]. Now use this criterium-field in your report's textbox. You set its properties like this:

Name: textbox0
Controlsource: [Type the ending date:]

the field will now display what the user typed in.

Pampers [afro]
Keeping it simple can be complicated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back