Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

show parameter in report 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmccallum

Programmer
Jan 5, 2001
US
I have a date range parameter on a string field and it works properly except I would like to have it displayed in the report. I have tried dragging and dropping the parameter field into the body and into the footer and I've tried adding it to a text object. The text object will display but the spot where the date parameter should be is always blank no matter what.

What could I be doing wrong?

In a formula type

"From: " + ToText (Minimum({?DateRange}))+"To: " + ToText(Maximum({?DateRange}))

Where ?DateRange is your date field.

For a number range
"From: " + ToText (Minimum({?NumberRange}),0,"")+"To: "
+ ToText(Maximum({?NumberRange}),0,"")

For a String Range
"From: " + Minimum({?StringRange})+
"To: " + Maximum({?StringRange})

Learn something new every day *:->*

is it because it's a range you can't do the drag-n-drop and have it displayed on the report.

Yes I think so. Once you have put it into a formula like this it will work. Have you tried it? Learn something new every day *:->*

Printing My Subreport's Parameter.
Hi All,

How Do I get my Subreport's Parameter to Print on my Report header.
I pass in several parameters, one of which is a Date Range parameter for my sub report.
All my parameters are printed on my Page Header, but I don't know how to get my Shipping_Date parameter from my Sub report to print as well.
Please help with any details.

see my response in your other thread. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back