Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show Page Numbers on a Multi-Page Report Header

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJRBIM

MIS
May 30, 2003
CA
CR-XI (R2)

I have a REPORT HEADER section that shows all the parameters that are entered at runtime.

I have the Page Number "X of Y" in both the REPORT HEADER A and PAGE HEADER sections.

In some cases, these parameter lists can be very long and run to over 3 pages.

This results in the Page Number "1 of Y" appearing at the start of the parameter lists, then nothing on Page 2 and 3 of the parameter lists.

The Page Number "4 of Y" is OK on all other pages, once the Multi-Page REPORT HEADER is completed.

Anyone have a smart way to show the Page Number on each-page of a Multi-Page REPORT HEADER...?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Toronto, Canada

SeagateInfo 7 -> Crystal Enterprise -> BOE-XI (R2) / (R3.1) | Crystal ( 7 -> 2008) design | WebI design | Best practices for Java / .Net / Web Services

Hi,
Have you tried to use multiple lines for the parameter lists instead of 1 very long one? That might solve the problem. Try some of the methods here:
faq767-5684

Note: This post probably should have been sent to
Business Objects: Crystal Reports 4 Other topics, not this one.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Turkbear :

I have re-posted to the OTHER TOPICS forum.

This issue isn't really about parameters. It would be the same if we had multi-page cross-tab(s) or chart(s) in the REPORT HEADER.

If a REPORT HEADER can run over multiple pages, how do we show the page number on each page of the REPORT HEADER...?

Thanks!

Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Toronto, Canada

SeagateInfo 7 -> Crystal Enterprise -> BOE-XI (R2) / (R3.1) | Crystal ( 7 -> 2008) design | WebI design | Best practices for Java / .Net / Web Services

Have you tried using the "Horizontal Page Number" under Special Fields? After you insert that field, I think you have to also update its property setting to "Repeat on horizontal pages", or something to that effect.

Hope that helps!!

Sorry didn't read it properly, guess it was long vertically. I think there was a solution on Ken Hamady's site in setting up a dummy group and putting the data in that group header, that way you get the page numbering.

Here it is:
Maybe that'll help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back