Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

show outgoing call telephone number from meridian in siemens pabx 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teckopen

Systems Engineer
Mar 18, 2022
DZ
i take analog line from option 51c meridian and put it as trunk line in other PABX from SIEMENS when i make call from nortel meridian to the connected line as trunk in siemens 3800 everthing work fine it's ring and make call but not display this incoming call number information "DN" in the screen phones of SIEMENS just write "number unavailable" how can i make outgoing call from meridian through this trunk line appear telelephone number
(DN) or even name of caller
P.S: the second PABX is from Siemens

Do you have a NT5D60 (CLASS modem card) configured in the option 51C? You need that card to send the CLID as part of the outbound analog call.

no i don't have a NT5D60
is there a way to do it without this Card ?

No. The standard analog line card does not have the ability to send the CLID.

CLID for an analog phone is sent via modem-like signaling between the first and second ring. You need the NT5D60 to send that signal.

gwebster could you please explain more about CLID
i don't deal with it before
and what about digital card is they can send this information through analog line that i used as trunk in siemens 3800
if client with meridian digital line make call to ip phone in siemens through the meridian analog line trunk , will information be transmitted and appear in screen of siemens ip phone ?

Just to clarify something for me please, Would I be correct in thinking that the Nortel Option 51c and Siemens 3800 system are linked together?. If so, would you be using a ISDN PRI or perhaps the older DPNSS link or have you got a SIP / H323 internet link?.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

@Firebird. From the description, they have simply taken an analog phone (2500) from the CS1000 and terminated it as a loop start trunk on the Siemens.

You are correct that this is more properly done with a PRI/DPNSS/SIP trunk between the two systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back