Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show data labels (names) on bubble graph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andie

Technical User
Mar 22, 2001
US
(I originally posted this in Crystal Reports 1, but I think its more appropriate here.)

I would like to show the data labels (name) on my bubble graph. For example, let's say I have the following data:

Widget1 100 200 50
Widget2 75 225 55
Widget3 120 180 50
Widget4 110 190 53

The graph defaults to putting the data names (Widget1, Widget2, etc) at the side or bottom of the graph in the legend. Is there a way to get these names on the graph next to the corresponding bubble? I don't always print my graphs in color, and without the name next to the bubble I can't tell which name goes with which bubble. Also, I have 8 bubbles right now and many of the colors look similar to each other.

I have the data points on the graph - for example, next to the bubble for Widget1 is says (100, 200, 50). So that's not a problem.

Thank you!

I believe the issue is that there is not currently a way to do this--not that you were in the wrong forum.

-LB

Thanks - its a shame it can't be done in Crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back