Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show Completed Vs. Pending Projects in a View

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmchesse

Programmer
Jun 8, 2002
US
HI, I’m still new and self taught to Notes design and this is the first post for me, so go easy.

I have an activity db that I want to build a view to show Completed and Pending activities. Everything worked great until the users started entering future dates for projects. (Ex. ProjED 12/31/02.)

My initial way to determine pending vs. completed was the absence of an ProjED on the form. Now I need to determine if the ProjED is in the future or past before I can determine Pending vs. Completed.

I tried the following code, and received this message:
Comparison Operators must be supplied the same data type

Today := @Today;
PED := Project_End_Date;

@If(PED =< Today ; &quot;Complete&quot; ; &quot;Pending&quot;)

I do not know how to proceed.

Can anyone help?

Have you tried using LotusScript instead of Formula Language? Or using a hidden field and basing the view on the contents of that field?

Good Luck,

leslie

I don't currently have the skills to do that with LotusScript. I wouldn't know where to start. About the hidden field, I can do that. I just did not think about it.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back