Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show Animated Gif without the webbrowser contol 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go then, saved a few lines of code for some people. Regards

Just for interest, the first posting in this thread is buggy if you set the language settings to anything other than English (I've set it to Chinese in region settings on Win 2k, Win XP machine). Seems that the Gif End and content of the gif might be interpreted correctly. Thus causing an error 481 to occur.

I would recommend the use of gif89a control, which is simpler. Too bad it doesn't have a OnClick event so it can act as a hyperlink to website. I had to put a frame around it and do the OnClick on it.

Glad someone got something along the line. Regards

Now... are there legal issues if YOU decode the GIF inside your program...?

I though the webbrowser had an implied/inherited license, because it is being decoded in the external DLL class code that was licensed by Microsoft...

It might just be encoding that can get you in trouble...

Does anyone know anything further into detail as far as the legal issues go...

Have Fun, Be Young... Code BASIC
-Josh

cubee101.gif

PROGRAMMER: (n) Red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate objects.

Psst - the patents on GIF expired

Tnx for the code, dindt think about decoding the gif file. The only difference between an animated gif and a static one is that the first one has the color table and the header, the frames in the middle doesnt have the header & footer and the last one has the footer. I did that on my old Atari ST and I dont know why I didnt think of that for my PC apps!
Have a star bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back