Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Should we upgrade to 7.2.1 or 7.1.4 or ??? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgerke

Technical User
Mar 24, 2006
US
Hello,

We are currently on 6.1.3 (I know, way behind!!) and HP-UX 11.11. I am inclined to go to 7.2.1 because of the firewall enhancements, but that is not a requirement.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations,

Paul

7.2.1 is a big improvement as some "bugs" appear to be ironed out. We've upgraded most of our backup servers to 7.x and things seem better.

7.3 is the latest version we're using.

M

Hi,

7.1.4 will be already out of support in the near future because legato supports only 2 versions back.

So i would suggest to go to 7.2.1 (stabil) or 7.3 (new look)

Cheers Novelli
Novell Master CNE + CDE

I've been using 7.2 (7.2.1 is the current version we are on) for the last 18 months without any problems.

We may upgrade to 7.3 sometime in 2007.

- Kev

I would go with v7.2.1-1, as this is the most stable. Wait for the next revision of v7.3, there are still a lot of small issues/bugs etc that they need to iron out...

Just watch the next Rel supp of v7.3, the list of fixes etc will be enormous (if they do document them)

HI All
Are alot using linux AS3.0 as a backup server. I am thinking about using Networker 7.2.1

Any issues we may have run into?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back