Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Should the 2.4GHz devices collide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hysonmb

Technical User
Nov 7, 2003
US
Hello,
I have a 2.4GHz Linksys Wireless Router as well as a 2.4GHz Panasonic portable phone at home. While I'm using my laptop (WinXP Home) with a DLink wireless card anywhere within the normal range of the router, I have no issues. I installed an xterasys Wireless PCI card in my desktop (WinXP Pro) and while my connection shows "Excellent" my Link Quality sits at anywhere between 50% - 100% and declines as I surf. Is there anything that would cause the phone and the router to collide? I know that they are both running 2.4GHz, but that's just the amount of data that they are pushing isn't it? If that's not the case, what would cause this issue? I'm about to return my wireless card and just go back to the wired connection if I can't get this worked out. Someone please let me know if there is a good answer to this problem.

I was waiting for my second card to come in the mail and it arrived today. There is no problem having the phones and the router side by side. My issue was with the card itself. I'm now running a strong 11Mbps with this new card. I'm going to try the other card in another computer, but, chances are I'm going to get rid of it ASAP and get another Realtek. For the cost, this thing is amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back