Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Should I buy softCONSOLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2002
US
We're building a new building where admin wants to transfer our one and only console to. I have no need to go digital in this building with the exception of the 302D console.

My Avaya rep actually recommends staying away from the soft console because it's complicated to setup, and could require a dedicated PC. He states that I could get a little G250 for comparable cost and stay with our exisiting console.

My question - if you had a choice, would you stick with a 302 console or go for the soft console if you had an option?

Our organization has many soft consoles at different sites around the country, and we support them remotely, and there is nothing wrong with using them exclusively. There maybe a little bit of a learning curve for your attendants, but I am sure they will get over it. I would start them off with softphone, if you can at your current location and get them to try both the Road Warrior and Telecommuter modes, and see which mode they feel more comfortable with and that will help you with the setup in the new site. The Configuration Manager is not complicated at all, and I am sure once you and the attendants use it and configure it, you will be a fan. You may want to set up 2, one as a primary and one as a backup, as we are relying on PC's here. Just an idea.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back