Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Should deleting emails in Outlook delete emails on the Blackberry? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

muthabored

Technical User
May 5, 2003
US
I have the Verizon Wirelss Blackberry 7250 (running the 7250 OS). I am using Outlook 2003 for email.
My emails come to my Blackberry via the company's Blackberry Enterprise Server without any problem.
What I'd like to know is how do I tell the Desktop Manager software (version 4.1) that when I delete emails on the Blackberry, they should be deleted in my Outlook's Inbox as well (and vice versa)? Can this be done?

I configure those settings on the handhelds messaging options menu. I am pretty sure your BES software needs to be at least 4.0. Thats when the wireless synch feature options came out. Not to sure about the features of the Desktop Manager. I haven't really used it very often since 4.0 came out.

Messages->Options->Email Reconciliation
"Delete On:" Change to "Mailbox & Handheld" or "Prompt"
"On Conflicts:" Change to "Handheld Wins"

Good Luck,
Nate

ITboywonder:

Thank you for your reply.
I'll try it and see if it works.

Also, each time I send an email from either my Blackberry or Outlook, a copy of it is sent to my Blackberry and I'd like to NOT have that happen. Is there a setting to change this?

I appreciate your time/help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back