Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Should be a simple answer--tickler system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtpgringa

Programmer
May 14, 2002
US
I'm brain dead at this point, and I know the answer is probably a simple one, but I've tried everything and I can't get it.

What I've got is a system that tracks the progress of a case. I have a list of "Case Activities".....i.e., Step 1, Step 2, Step 3 and so forth. This table lists the Activity and then an Activity ID. What I'm trying to do is design queries/reports that willl serve as a tickler system. For example, show all cases where Step 1 has been completed but not Step 2, and so forth down the line. Everything I try lists EVERY case in which there is a Step 1, which I don't want.....I want a listing where there is a Step 1 but no Step 2. Any ideas???? Please help; am on a big time deadline!!!! Thanks!

I am assuming that each step is a record in the table. For your immediate question (Step 1 with no Step 2), you could write two queries one to give you all of step 1 and one to give you all of step 2 (assuiming that if it has a step 2, it also has a step 1). Then use an unmatched query to give you all step 1 without a step 2

Thanks....actually I got an idea as soon as I posted it...what I did was design another query to determine the Max step for each case and then tied it in that way. Seems to be working. But I REALLY APPRECIATE your response!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back