Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shorting width of table columns displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdbsql

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
US
I need to edit an existing page that the columns are too wide. It was created by another programmer, but I am uncertain what variable I would need to change in order to make the columns of data that display shorter.

What should I look for, and what variable needs to be changed.

The source is quite large. Perhaps someone with experience desiging tables in PHP can advise me what variables are used to adjust the width of columns. They should be the same.

what columns? the "<td></td>" columns? the mysql column?

as kenrbnsn suggested you, POST A PIECE OF CODE!!

easier said that done.
uncertain which part of the code creates the column width. that was the reason why i inquired about what variables are used to determine what portion of the code i need to review. the data that appears is the result of a query from mysql database. i'll look for the '<td>' thanks for the reply.

If the columns are equally spaced inside the table you may also want to look for the table width, such as:

<table width="xx">

just like the:
<td width="xx">

thanks for understanding my question and providing this specific information. the information you gave provides a clear path and I will scan through the code looking for this specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back