Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shorten delay before call initiates - analog trunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcook

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2011
US
R9.0.6. Essential. Is there a way of shortening the delay from last digit entered to when the system initiates a call? The only way I know of it to changed the shortcode to dial the line group which causes other issues. With analog trunks it takes almost 10 seconds to begin dialing.

Hello pmcook,

Yes you can change this on the system.

Go to the ip office and select System===>go to tab Telephony===>change the Dial delay time and see which change is good for you.

On each Analog line, on the Analogue Options tab, is a setting called "Await Dial Tone (ms)", default set to 3000. Once the Dial Delay timer has expired, and the call is being sent out, the IP Office picks up the line and WAITS this value before dialing. The purpose is to ensure that dial tone is there and ready to accept digits.

Test the lines with your butt set, you can probably safely lower this timer to 1500, or 1000, which will speed up the connection.

I always take the semicolon out of the ARS table codes with analog lines.

I will try both. I prefer using the AS table rather than a single shortcode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back