Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortcode or ARS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbozttu

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2015
US
So we recently connected all 5 of our sites on an SCN. We changed extensions at a couple of the sites of course because several sites were using the 200 range prior to the SCN connection.

SO we have a bunch of users at one site dialing 201 to get their manager, and ending up at another site's manager desk lol

Can I stop this with a short code? or ARS? it's driving the guy who now owns 201 crazy...

I tried doing a dial shortcode with 201 as the code, and 352 as the target (my extension) and it didn't work

You can only do that if the guy now having 201 gets a new number as well. So the best would be to change extensions at all sites to numbers not matching any of the old numbers. Then you can create local 'dial extension' short codes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back