Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Short ring on line one despite '0' rings for AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmmillermd

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
US
CICS6.1 and Call Pilot 100. Set AA to '0' rings for all CO lines, but there is a short ring on line one before AA picks up. All other lines are intercepted immediately before ring by AA. Any thoughts??

I am using a CICS 6.1, Global CLID card with CP100. All sets ring and when I set the CP to 0 rings I get the chirp on any line that is called. If I forward the set to VM It stops the chirp on that set and the correct CCR tree picks up.

If you only get the chirp on the first line you can try moving that line to another port if available or rearrange the lines so the line least likely to ring in on line position 1. You can then rearrange the lines on the sets.

Not pretty but it may work. Services may be the best solution.

Rob

rconn,
Perhaps this is something I am not aware of. Are you saying that the CLID card causes a chirp even if the lines are not programmed to ring at any sets, and it is not a DRT to prime problem? Maybe I have never heard it. Is it some chirp other than is not a short ring?

BKRIKE: Bingo! [thumbsup2] That makes sense. All the phones are programmed to ring and to be picked up by the AA. I'll reprogram the phones to appr only and that should solve the problem by allowing the AA to select the phones or Hunt Groups to ring and see what happens. It is still a 'puzzlement' (The King and I) that the other lines use the same sets and there is no short ring/chirp.

The ring groups will be the next choice as that is great thought from achuchman.

Still trying to figure out why can'r update B21-22 on the T7316E despite newest software, but appears unrelated to this.

thanks for the bingo, which goes to Arr also, since he had the same answer in the 2cd post. (Turn ringing off on the set that chirps)

Regarding the buttons:
Are you doing a feat*0 for inquiry
and feat*1,2,3 for programming (from the phone)
Or are you trying to program them via system programming?

If I recall "find" is a question in system programming (find the feature by scrolling through the list)

Roger that to both of you [thumbsup][thumbsup]. The lesson is that turning ringing off does not affect AA ringing the DN. I'll give it a try.

I am using Feature *0 for to ID the button, but using Feat *3 to program as I have always have. It is Feat *123?

No -sorry
I just abbreviated
feat*1
Feat*2
Feat*3
How about trying to erase the button by feat*1, then hitting the OK soft-key.

I'm sorry if it was not clear. I get the short ring or chirp on all sets and lines that have appear & ring when the AA is set to answer on 0 rings. It has not been a problem in my location as I usually let the lines ring a few times B4 the AA answers. I changed the setting to 0 rings to duplicate your problem. I got the short ring on all lines (3) not just line one.

I have a customer who uses the AA to answer all calls on 2 rings to get the CLID info. The only set with A&R is 221 and it is on DND to stop the ringing. Normally no one attends 221.

There may not be solution short of using services for off normal hours.

Rob

Thanks..sorry for the delay. First, to BKRIKE, I start with Feat #0, then Feat *1,2 both go to internal autodial, and Feat *3 to program button, but will not accept B21 and B22 as they revert to last No..

To rconn..what about disabling ringing on all phones and having AA manage the sets. Won't that get rid of chirp/short ring as BKRIKE suggests?

Turning off the rings will get rid of the short ring. Like many things with the Norstar, there is usually more than one way to get it done and usually at the expense of another feature/function. It a matter of finding the solution that works best for the customer and leaves them smiling.

It is the variety of solutions I find on this forum that keep me thinking and learning.

Rob

The system is up and running fine with the rings turned off. I am coming to realize there may be a glitch in the software. Even though the T7316E is displayed as a recognized set in the TS programming, none of the three T7316E sets can be programmed to change B21 and B22. Now even an older 7208 gives the same 'answered [station]' message when doing a Feature*0 on the button just above the ICM and Handsfree buttons, just like the T7316E behavior.

Hmmm..

There is no way to have AA pickup at '0' rings and still get Caller ID info unless all the sets are setup with no ringing on the AA lines?

?don’t know if I understand your question but...
The reason you are not getting CLID is because the info is not sent until 1-2 rings (usually after the first ring)
Your AA is picking up before the system ever gets the info, and the info cant make it in once the line has been answered.

If you want to get CLID, and still have the AA pick up all calls, you can program the AA to pick up on 2 rings. You can still leave the sets themselves programmed not to ring. Once the AA answers the call it will xfer the CLID info to the appropriate DN, along with making it ring.

Thanks..I turned off ringing and that solves the problem.

I believe this is the 35 response to this thread, but are you sure that you don't have ANSWER DN's assigned to the sets. They will appear just above the Intercom buttons when programmed to a set?

MarvO said it

gmmillermd,

If F*0 pressed on the two buttons, 21 & 22, return "answer <set number>", then it is as Marv0 states above. Those keys are hard programmed to be 'answer DNs'. You should be able to see this status in Terminals & Sets under line access: Answer DN where they can be changed as well.

PhM

VVV

MarvO and ARR...you are absolutely right! It did not register to me that the answer DN's had been automatically assigned to those buttons. Thank you both very much. There are indeed three answer DN's for the phones involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back