Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Short Date format quickie

Status
Not open for further replies.

BusMgr

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
US
I use the short date in 24 hour time format for data imput on a form. It does not except 24:00 - it gives an error message that number is out of range. Is this a Microsoft issue, or can it be overcome?

Thanks

BusMgr

I don't know what you mean by " ... Microsort Issue ... ".

"Short Time" is simply a formatting procedure for a standard Date type Variable in MS speak. Date Type is ~~~ a DOUBLE where the number of days since (creation in MS speak), while the proportion of the elapsed day is the fractional part. "Short Time" refers to this fractional part, which -by the concept- cannot ever be >= 1. "24:00" would be MS speak fro a full day or 1 in short time, so it doesn't logically (or arithmatically) fit into the concept.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Michael

Thanks for your explanation.

It explains why 24:00 will not be accepted, which I have not been able to find an explanation for.

BusMgr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back