Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Short Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

elucero

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2003
US
Does anyone know where to access the short codes for an Avaya 46xx IP phone. When refering to short code i mean the code to type in for call pickup, etc., when it is not programed into the phone itself. Any and all help will be greatful!

Ernest J. Lucero
ACA, MCSA, MCP, N+

I should think it uses the system shortcode's. I haven't worked on this type of phones. But normal analogue phones, and 20XX series phones, uses the system shortcodes.

No matter what kind of phone you use.
Just look into shortcode in the manager.
and same way with analog phone and digital's

In the user tab use the emulation ones for the buttons on the 46 phone,this works but you would need one with the DSS buttons i.e 4612 ,4624 etc not a 4602 if you do not have DSS buttons then your up a gum tree..

[lightsaber]

Within the User options there is a Digital Telephony tab. This can be used to setup features under DSS buttons for the 20xx, 46xx and 64xx Series phones.

The default shortcode built into the system is *32*N# (N represents the users extension) CallPickupExtn. There is also CallPickupAny and CallPickupGroup also programmed in as defualt shortcodes.

Pickup Members is more usefull than pick up group as ppickup group will only pickup calls that are presented to the group. It will not piuckup calls that have been made direct to an extn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back