Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

short code to a bunch of short codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkellyvota

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2016
US
I want to set a short code call it *85 to dial 4 short codes simultaneously so I can set 4 groups out of service at the same time. Is this possible

You can't have one short code trigger multiple other short codes to the best of my knowledge.

If you put a Night or an Out of Service button on a phone and leave the additional data blank (don't specify a group) it will change the status of every group for which that station is a member.

There is also a way to use a Generic Action as a test in Voicemail Pro so that it checks the status of another group and routes the call accordingly. So one Night button can effectively put multiple groups into Night service. I would have to look up how to do this again or log into a system where I set this up to remember how I did it though.

thank you I'll try the blank data the sales guy didnt sell them vm pro

you can create 4 bogus users, forward each to a short code, add those users to a group and create a button for that group :) That should work I think.

(\__/) ||
(•Y•). ||
/ < )<||

use the twinning feature
create an incoming call route to FNE00 that give you the dialtone
then create 1 shortcode set HG night service with a blank extension number and when you dial in and get the dialtone just dial it.

Prerequisite that the person with the twinning is in all those groups.

Never done it but should work

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

You can program a button type dial and dialnumber *20*group1#*20*Group2#*20*Group3#*20*Group4# and another button to do the opposite.
But using VMPro is a better solution.

Use a single time profile for all 4 groups (It can be active 247 if necessary) & then use a short code to put the Time profile in & out of service.

Simple & maintainable.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I believe I've made a shortcode dial other codes using the action dial extn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back